Friday, December 7, 2007

Locked out!

I finally started a blog! I've had so much fun reading other peoples' that I decided (with some friends) to give it a shot. It's about time...I'll try to keep it updated every week so check it often.

My first entry doesn't have any pictures, but it still makes for a good story. I took the trash out last night and noticed the dead bolt was locked when I returned..with Riley inside. He was figuring out that I couldn't get in and he couldn't get out so there was panic.

I quickly realized that I was half dressed, no shoes, and wet hair so going to a neighbor's house would be awkward for everyone. I checked a window (broke a screen in the process) and tried to get Riley to come over there thinking I could teach him how to unlock it.

By this time, he is really screaming and not leaving the back door so I'm thinking of which window to break.

He started turning the door knob so I began yelling at him to move the top one, jiggle the other one...whatever i can think of to teach a 2 year old to unlock the door (something I'm going to regret later I'm sure). The deadbolts in our house are hard to lock so it must have been caught just enough, but I'm glad to report that he was able to let me back in just in time! WHEW!

YES, there is a key in my car now!

No comments: