Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to Reality.

The halls are officially undecked. To be completely honest, they were 100% undecked the day after Christmas. A bit scroogy, huh?
The truth is I am overwhelmed by STUFF and there is STUFF everywhere in my house so the seasonal items had to go. Plus there is a trip for us coming up soon so I had to get out from underneath all this STUFF to find my bags. It took multiple trips to Target to get it all properly put away in the attic. I took my people on one of those Target trips. Do you shop the day after Christmas? I love to get new things for the next year. The Commander wants to put up outdoor lights next year so we went on a mission to find the perfect Christmas lights at 50% off.
OHHH, I forgot how he doesn't do anything small. In my opinion, we should have enough lights to light up our street. Next year we very well could be the Griswalds of the neighborhood. We shall see. Anyway, all of his outdoor lighting was used to fill up my last empty tote so that meant a trip back to Target for more totes.
...NEVER FUN FOR ME.
Is picking out totes stressful for anyone else or is this just another one of my OCD/neurotic ways? I can stand there for 30 minutes staring and comparing. Will this one be big enough? I wonder if two smaller ones would fit my items better? Maybe I should just buy a few of these large ones and get rid of some of the smaller ones. Then that might be too hard to get in and out of the attic. I like the ones with the latches and handles. They cost more. It is really worth paying more for a latch and handle? It is just a tote after all.
WHEW! My sensible self realizes this is not normal! That's 30 minutes in the Target storage aisle that I can't get back. I should have moved to the kitchen aisle after 5minutes for a more enjoyable shopping experience.
I did pick up three drawer organizers. Two of my drawers are happy now. I had mismatched containers in them that served no real purpose except to collect junk.
The new ones are MUCH better. They've given my drawers a fresh start anyway. I'm sure they will have collected just as much junk by this time next year...just being honest.
I am giving myself a pat on the back for the jump start on my New Year's resolution--GET ORGANIZED! Have you got any tips for the car? That seems to be my weak spot.
The passenger seat is also used as my filing cabinet. People don't always enjoy shuffling though preschool papers, bills, and mail to take a ride with me.
I don't really want something to hang over the seat, but I'm diggin this right now.

Although something like this in the back seat might be nice for some of my paperwork.

You'd think I could just pull the papers out of the car every time I get out, but that's just not my style. It's all I can do to get myself and the kids out of the car. We're usually running about 5-10 min behind so maybe that could be another resolution...leave 10 minutes earlier.

1 comment:

Solar Powered said...

leave earlier, organize, totes...yes all of the above are on my list in addition to 50% off Christmas lights. Now just gotta find time to get all that done!