Saturday, June 9, 2012

Splash Bash on a Fishing Trip.

I'm up late...WAY later than I've been in a long time, but I can't stop looking at the pictures from the past 48 hours. They are so priceless. We spent the past few days with limited cell phone service and NO modern toys (except for a pair of night vision goggles) to enjoy family time. It was GREAT!
I noticed that my mom is not in any of my pictures, but I promise you she was there and her presence known. She took one for the team this go around and spent most of the time in the kitchen instead of in the water fishing, but let me tell you WE ATE.
We started our days with a HUGE breakfast and ended them with gourmet meals. We ate pulled pork sandwiches with Dad's BBQ sauce, chicken and dumplings, and Gumbo with fried fish. We snacked on cucumber dip from the garden. It was all so good. I'm sure you can imagine the let down we felt tonight eating frozen chicken nuggets from the oven. Yep, that was our reality check..we are home. Vacation is over.


We had a guide to take us up and down the river so we each caught fish. Here is the Wild Thing catching a trout. I caught a brown that was 19 inches, but the Commander beat me with one that measured 20 inches.
..And the Mini enjoying the river and having a good time in general. He won a contest in his boat with Grandaddy. He caught 5 to G'dad's ZERO! Don't worry. Grandaddy came back and won in the afternoon with 20 fish! I think cousin, Scott finished with 19.

What a fun weekend to remember! 

3 comments:

Solar Powered said...

Looks like a blast! Isn't it wonderful when Moms cook? I always wonder if my kids will like my cooking as much as I like my moms? :)

nanny said...

What a wonderful weekend. I would love one with no phones!!! (esp. if Ricky counldn't get calls)

I know you ate well.....DoDo can't be beat!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

GREAT fun! THE BEST KIND!