Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You can take the girl out of the country....


Oh, how I heart George!

I got a membership to his fan club for Christmas in the 8th grade. It was complete with autographed book covers and other cheesy fan club memorabilia. I made it to the front row of Barn Hill that same year to see him. I wore my denim shirt, denim jeans, and red ropers. I remember the whole night vividly for someone who can't remember the events of last week.
Anyway, you can imagine my utter disappointment when I missed the first part of the tribute show tonight. I hope they put out a CD of tonight's performances because it was awesome. Don't you think he looks better with age? Country stars always crack me up. They're all about keepin' it real.
I'm going back to watch Jayme Foxx's rendition of You look so Good in Love.
LOVES IT.

6 comments:

26 Dresses and Counting said...

I DVR'd it if you want to come watch it with me this weekend. I can't wait.

26 Dresses and Counting said...

Maw Maw in roppers....classic!

nanny said...

It was an awesome show, wish I had recorded it! Loved Alan Jackson and Brooks and Dunn best!! Well Jayme was pretty great too.

Solar Powered said...

I loved sugarland, alan jackson, and jaime but Tim was my favorite. I thought I didn't like him anymore but I am BACK ON THE BANDWAGON. You did love you some George.

nanny said...

I might have liked Tim,,,,but I dozed for a minute,,,,,

26 Dresses and Counting said...

I finally watched this last night....I balled my eyes out for some reason. He is the "Fireman"!