I've been slowly trying to makeover the Preschooler's bathroom and by slowly I mean over a three year time span. In those three years, I have replaced a burgundy floral shower curtain, burgundy and tan towels, and transplanted a vase of dried flowers from the bathroom counter to the spare bedroom.
That's all the Preschooler has known to be his bathroom for those of you keeping tabs on my nomination for mother.of.the.year. :)
Today I met the Commander for lunch at Atlanta Bread Company which is right next to one of my favorite stops, Tuesday Morning. I found some cute towels that I THOUGHT would look OK and add to the lacking decor in this pitiful space, but they are indeed TURQUOISE so I've decided they look better in the store and must go back.
Here is the more age appropriate shower curtain that now resides in the bathroom:

And here are the new towels. 
It's too bad they didn't have them in various colors because I really like them. Don't you think Navy would have probably worked OK?
As you can see space is very limited so I'm up for any suggestions on how to turn this into a more kid friendly environment. You have any paint color suggestions? Lets hear 'um. I'm up for anything. Don't hold back. The tan rugs clearly have to go too, but I just can't seem to find the right ones.
Look who kept busy while I was getting these pictures ready for you.
Nope, he didn't hold back.
Now let me hear what you've got. If you've been lurking for awhile or just stopping by please feel free to chime in with your thoughts. This is not my specialty for sure so I could use all kinds of help.
THANKS!
6 comments:
I like the green stripe. I think you should go with a lighter, brigher wall calor and go with the green. get green towels and maybe a cute green frong rug!?
I love that shower curtain...I was thinking cream paint as well and I love white towels...would be cute with green monogramming.
you could also mix burgundy and/or deeper yellows with the green & navy. even the right shade of blue on the walls would look cute. i agree with a lighter color for the walls. it will brighten the room up. (i'm always afraid to go with white in a bathroom. it seems it would get dirty quickly! especially with boys!) pottery barn kids had cute wall decor with pirate ships. matched the color scheme. ~ self taught
Yes.. that is a boden shirt from last spring!! I love your shower curtain.. so cute.. the first thing I thought was to work some green into the room too...our BR walls are grey and we really like it! Also if you have a homegoods, they have a ton of cute towels, rugs etc.. I bought some polka dot towels from there that are also monogrammed!! Can't wait to see what the final makeover will look like!
Love the shower curtain.
Love dark colors on walls but NOT in the bathroom. LIGHT, BRIGHT will make it totally kid friendly!
responding to the crackle question....my dad did it! I will NEVER attempt it again! I have no idea how he did it....and he doesn't either! By the way...LOVE the new bath!!!
Post a Comment