We enjoyed a long weekend sans kids in beautiful downtown Hot Springs. I had my first experience eating at the famous Mclard's.
I'll admit these tamales were a little heavy for the 107 degree temps outside, so I only dabbled in them, but they were oh.so.good!

It was fun to look at the pictures of President Clinton's visits and all the features in Southern Living. I'll be having a sandwich the next time we go back to Hot Springs. Everything looked so good! You can't wrong with anything on the menu when they are listed on Southern Livings 40 things every Southerner Ought to do list. Our vacations might have to be planned around this list for the next few years. :)
We also frolicked in the Hot Springs. I love how you can bring jugs and fill them up at the spigot station. The water was HOT and it made my hands feel so soft like I had just applied lotion. I needed to soak my feet for a few days. ;)
Since it was OH SO HOT we tried to stay inside the restaurants and enjoy cold beverages with some friends. It was a nice little weekend get away. I'm ready to go back during racing season.
I'm pretty sure we each brought home a few extra pounds than we left with so it's turkey bacon for breakfast. Have a good week and STAY COOL! I don't get along with these extremely hot temperatures!
2 comments:
Isn't Hot Springs great? I love it!
MMMMMM, I could eat a Mclards BBQ sandwich right about now. My mouth is watering.
Post a Comment