Friday, March 4, 2011

Life.

Someone told me this week that kids shouldn't be able to eat in cars.
I agreed with this theory at one point in time. I even tried it, but before you know it real life happens. Cheerios and stale french fries being stuck between your seats becomes the norm. I'm OK with that.

What I'm not OK with is the internal struggle I've been feeling lately. I guess that's why they call it growing pains. I'm having a hard time letting this guy grow up.
*(side note)we totally forgot to brush his teeth and wipe his face after he ate the ice cream bar that is hanging around on his chin. ;)

He's completely capable. He's ready. He's excited. He can do it.
Can I?
My heart is heavy, but my head says it shouldn't be.
It's only kindergarten. There are exciting things on the horizon.
So...why am I struggling?

5 comments:

Solar Powered said...

Gosh, I don't even want to imagine how hard it must be...you are such a wonderful mom, he is ready because you have prepared him but it doesn't make it any easier. Wow, Kindergarten...it seems harder than college might be.

You could always have another :)

nanny said...

I can still feel that feeling...it never goes away.....you just add another generation to the layer!
If he is ready you have done your job. I still think independence is one of the best traits to teach!

Solar Powered said...

P.S. Lila has been eating in the car forever. Why not?

Anonymous said...

Because he's your fist...that's why.

self-taught stylist

Anonymous said...

first...not fist...lol