Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Home Run.

Our entertainment lately has come in the form of watching 5-6 year olds playing T'ball. It.is.hilarious!
Here's a play by play of the last practice.

Mini #1 hits the ball after several missed attempts. He's instructed by the coach to run to first base. I'd show you a picture of him batting, but this guy took off onto the field so I found myself on a chase right in the middle of the game instead of having my camera ready like I'd planned.


Once he gets to first base, Mini #1 gets distracted and asks the coach what to do with his helmet.

He has a little help and instruction from the Commander to stay on first base.



Kid #2 successfully hits his ball so Mini #1 makes it to second base.



Kid #3 hits the ball past second base so all the kids chase it to the outfield. Mini #1 leaves second base to join the excitement and look at him. He's in the lead!



His Coach reminds him to run to third base, not after the ball.
When he gets to third base the little boy in the orange shorts exclaims "I WAS HERE FIRST!".
The extremely patient coach steps in yet again for some explanation.


Finally, Kid #4 hits the ball so Mini #1 gets to run home! Half way there he gets distracted once again and takes off to the dug out instead of the home plate, but he's sent back to touch the base. Before I knew it the hour was up and Mini #1 scored a point! WAHOO!

3 comments:

Solar Powered said...

funny, would make a great youtube!

nanny said...

Isn't that fun? So cute!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I love watching this too! SO ENTERTAINING and cute!