
I don't think I've ever experienced the Sunday before Christmas as a lazy day, but that's exactly what today is all about.
The Wild Thing has fever so I've been rocking him all day. It's great that he's still long enough to cuddle, but I hope he's better before too long.
He's got droopy eyes, a runny nose, and just looks awful.
The Commander went to help with decisions regarding his grandfather so the Preschooler went with him to visit Dodo and Grandaddy since they live in the same town.
What a week! We split our time yesterday between our families. Grandaddy and Dodo hosted a family reunion. It was great to see everyone and I got to pay for my raising a little. The kids used some cologne to put out a pretend fire upstairs. It was also used to clean the windows. HA! I just looked at my cousin, smiled, and said that is exactly something we would have done! I remember rubbing lotion all over my Grandmother's mirror and sticking tissues all over it. I also remember the spanking that came with that. HA!
We also attended the funeral of the Commander's Grandmother. She had a wonderful service that celebrated her life. She and her husband, John, were married over 60 years. WOW! The preacher told a story about one particular day they were driving through Fort Smith, AR. For whatever reason, John got distracted and ran a red light nearly clipping a car in the process. A few minutes later she asked "Are you going to run all the red lights or just that one?" She was so patient and kind. I always enjoyed visiting with her when we were in town. Next year I hope to visit her sister and BIL who turn their yard into a train ride for Children in Richardson Texas. They added the sleigh this year which is handicap accessible. It holds 22 children and goes all around the yard. HOW FUN!
4 comments:
feel better wild thing! that train looks oh so fun - we can make a weekend of it. Trains and then carriage ride in HP to look at lights!
this is solar, not nanny
sounds fun! lets do it.
Oh...I hope wild thing gets rid of fever before Santa comes!!!
Your lazy Sunday sounds WONDERFUL.
We are enjoying a "down" day as our first day of NO SCHOOL...it is AMAZING NOT to have the alarm go off!!!
OH! I did try Oxy and it took ALMOST all the marker out...ALMOST!! GOOD STUFF!
Post a Comment