Each load is one yard. The Commander and I put out two yards yesterday and I put out two more yards today while he was working. I thought the Preschooler would help me, but he took an extra long nap which is RARE.
So as luck would have it I was all by myself in the yard doing what I love. As I was mulching, I started thinking to myself how I haven't always liked spring. Past springs have been characterized by my Grandmother's passing, the Commander being in Iraq, or a doozy of a fight with him. I'm a worrier by nature so if nothing significant was going on then I would spend my time worrying if this person didn't like me or the way I perceived that person treating me. Last spring I was brought to my knees, but GOD'S love and mercy were revealed to me like never before. He delivered me and gave me a peace like I've never experienced. So last fall I planted tulips for the first time ever as a reminder of this.
As I was pulling away the dead limbs and leaves, there they were. New life. New growth. New beginnings. There was beauty in the midst of all those old, dirty limbs and leaves. So two yards and four hours later, I couldn't help but be reminded of springs past and thankful for springs to come with whatever they may have in store.
I've learned first hand that whatever "season" you are in there is a way of coming back with new growth and new beginnings.
No comments:
Post a Comment