Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover

OK-so it's not really an EXTREME home makeover, but it's a makeover none the less. Remember here when I asked for some bathroom makeover assistance?
Here are the before/after results.


I need to disclose that this is NOT my speciality. I did not stew over and look at endless samples of paint colors. I picked out a few samples, hung it on the wall, and went with it.
It did NOT work out well. The color (windswept sails from Valspar) looked shiny and like something that could glow in the dark. I didn't want to repaint it so I went back to purchase a white glaze and sponged over it. It's subtle and toned it down to the point that I could live with it. WHEW!


I purchased the monkey decal from Leen the Graphics Queen on Etsy. I got the monkey step out rug and appliqued towels at Target. A solid white rug would look better to match the long rug, but I think it's fine for now. It was only $1.00! I still have some pictures to hang above the toilet, but other than that it's done. Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

It looks wonderful...and I love the monkey!

Solar Powered said...

looks great!