
Yesterday was one of those days where I needed a diet coke fountain machine right next to my chair so we headed to McDonald's for a quick lunch before the Upward basketball game.
(This story will not be new to some of you, but I keep getting tickled every time I think about it). Today the humor was over my immediate reactions and thoughts regarding the pants on the ground.
You see, I don't check the laundry for loose articles of clothing so I shouldn't have been surprised or mortified when Mini #1 removed an extra pair of freshly laundered, truck covered underwear out from his pants in the middle of McDonalds.
That might have been OK, but this went down behind my back as I was placing our order. All of a sudden I felt him pulling on my shirt tail and saying MOMMA, MOMMA. I told him to wait a minute since I was trying to pay.
When I turned around I immediately recognized the light blue underwear and the crowd shaped in a semi circle around us. Of course they were shaped in a semi circle. He must have needed the space to dance a jig in order to work the underwear out of his pant leg or maybe he just pulled it from the top. Either way I wanted to pretend it wasn't there, but there we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. I stuffed them in my purse and announced "well, I guess all the laundry didn't get put away did it?" Then I asked Mini #1 if he had anything else stashed up his pant leg. I sure didn't want any of my articles of clothing making an appearance.
Even after the embarrassment of shoving underwear in my purse, I'm still not going to take the time to inspect every pair of pants before putting them away so I'll just be better prepared with my response when it happens again. We might, however, find a new place to eat.
1 comment:
LOL....how funny...I'll bet you about died!!
Post a Comment