Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I will run free.

The Commander bought me these shoes about a year ago. Did you catch that last part? A YEAR AGO. He claimed they were "a good deal". They are still brand, spankin' new.
I used to be a runner. I was even a good runner way back in the high school days. I held my school's record in high jump and even competed in the state championship for long distance running. Fast forward to today and I don't think I could run around the block if I tried. BUT..starting this weekend, I'm going to try! The runner brisk walker in me is coming back and eventually I'll get to a jog then maybe eventually a decent speed run.
I was probably wearing biker shorts underneath some athletic shorts and I could "pump up" my Nikes the last time I ran so a trip for socially acceptable athletic clothing is on the list for tomorrow.
Wish me luck. It will be hard not to enjoy my first run/brisk walk.
I'll be on a vacation surrounded by natural beauty and hot springs while these guys take up their wrestling at the Grandparents' house.

(That's totally a head lock and not a hug).

Told ya. :)

4 comments:

Solar Powered said...

Gosh, talk about looking big...both of them look so grown up. Love the choke hold.

Your blog is not updating on my sidebar..hmmm.

Google "couch to 5k" it will give you direction as you run so you don't get discouraged. If you can ever start to kind of like it again you will find it to be a great mood lifter :) Pumping up your nikes! I forgot about those. Good luck and have fun in hot springs!

nanny said...

Hot Springs is a great place to walk...esp. downtown. There's a great trail on top of the hill by Arlinton...
Pump up nikes....lol
Have fun, I know the grands will!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I always WISH I were a runner but never could stick with it OR enjoy it. Lately? I am a sucker for WII Just DAnce and ZUMBA! Fun with my girlies!

Love the wrestling! My boys wrestle endlessly and to be honest the girls do too!!! Makes 'em scrappy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you did RUN FREE!!! I love running- never was a running - made myself one - and then fell off the wagon - but...I will run again!

Your kids are absolutely beautiful and obviously ready for wrestling!! Tell them that with a little work, we'll have them running "half-nelsons" by the end of May:)