Friday, August 22, 2008

Hardwiring Excellence

Just when I thought the words "burn out" would describe me at work, I attended a "team building" or leadership conference to gain some motivation or inspiration. I would call the event a success (at least for me). It was held at the Naturals Ball Field and included a base ball theme. I'll admit that I was less than thrilled when I settled in with my coworkers to learn we had to move to our respective color coded "teams" based on the color of your name tag, but I met a new friend from another facility and left with the impression that my leaders truly want to be the best at providing love and compassion to not only patients, but their employees. They did not focus on the financials, but rather on improving our services though compassion which will in turn drive the financials.
This video was one of several shown to us. I found this one to be inspirational.



Blinkx Video: The Simple Truth of Service

Posted using ShareThis

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kind of a tearjerker!

And not to burst your bubble about improving the workplace, but my last day at WC is Thursday!

Solar Powered said...

good video