Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The $80 Shoes


(Not really)...
I'm sure somewhere out there one could find $80 shoes for a 3 year old, but I don't shop these places so I'll just tell you the conversation I had with Riley that resulted in the $80 shoe title.

R: Mama, what's in dat bag?
A: I got you some shoes.
R: I wanna see um.

I hand over the shoes and ask if he likes them. I'm watching him in the rear view mirror look at the tags and he exclaims (as if in shock).
R: MAMA, Deez ARE EIGHTY DOOOLERS
A: laughing, NO, they aren't eighty dollars.
R: YES DAY ARE! Day are eighty doolers!
(this goes back and forth a few times)
So I finally ask him why he thinks they are eighty dollars and he says..
R: RIGHT DERE...It's a 8. Day're eighty doolers.

A) Now, I'm impressed that he found the SIZE 8 on the hanger and associated it with $80 dollars and B) how does he know to look at a tag and see how much something is!?
OH, WHAT THEY PICK UP !! By this time, we are home and I think I left him thinking they were $80. If he can pick all that up then maybe he'll take care of his expensive shoes....that came from the GAP! :)