Friday, January 23, 2009

Retirement.

DISCLOSURE: any pictures emailed to me may be used for blog material at any given time.

I can't wait to retire! The retired members of my family do it right! Solar has already pointed out how Nanny lives the good life by blogging, sitting by the pool with a cold drink, fishing, shopping, and cooking.
My mom has been retired for a couple of years. She can be caught shopping in Ft. Smith or Fayetteville, lunching with friends, watching the cooking network, and going in one direction or another to assist with grandkids.
Then...the Grandaddy retired on Jan 1 and things just got WEIRD! I asked mom in Dec. if she was ready for him to be home full time and even suggested that he might interrupt her business (and by business I mean the cooking network on television).
I like to call for updates. Sometimes they call to inform me of remote control debates that are occurring.
Grandaddy is the district governor of Rotary and to say he is wired, fired, and inspired about it does not adequately describe the energy and passion he has for rotary. I think he reads rotary magazines to Riley because one was sent back with him after a visit. He found it later and pointed out the "rotary wheel".
This rotary thing must have healing powers because grandaddy is known for his many ailments...(and I use that term loosely). He tends to have a thumb, knee, elbow, stomach bug, or sinus flaring at one time or another. Mom will frequently ask for an ibuprofen for her knee or hip so you can imagine my surprise when I saw this in my email with the description "that thing goes FAST"


And then there was THIS which caused me to look a little closer! Surely this is not my retired, mom (aka DODO) acting as the ONE ARMED BANDIT on a mechanical bull!


I thought they were in San Diego sipping coffee while visiting with other rotarians.
Apparently I was wrong! Who needed the ibuprofen first??

5 comments:

nanny said...

I wondered why they weren't answering the phone!!!
I highly recommend retirement! Jennifer said now you recommend retirement when all we heard growing up was "Get a Job" ha did I say that?

nanny said...

Surely they didn't turn the bull on while they were on it??????

Alison said...

yes! they actually rode it.

Lindsay said...

They're livin it up!

Solar Powered said...

i have a picture that belongs in the body of that post with another member of that family having a mighty fine time on a bull...