I have to admit..today was a really fun day. I told Riley last night that we would do whatever he wanted today (within reason) and it turned out great.
We started out early at the playground by our house.
They have the best toys to play with so it's much better than the park.

Look how Caden is so intrigued by a loud, passing truck.
Next, we went to the library for story time. It was a camping theme. The kids sat next to a fake camp fire to sing songs and listen to two stories. Then they ate marshmellows and pretended to roast them.
Today, it became very evident to me that the boy is NOT SHY! He volunteered all kinds of random facts about himself to the group. When the story lady was asking some of the kids their names, he shouted across the room "I'm Riley" while pointing at himself. Then he later volunteered that he had a red shirt at home when she was telling us that the library was selling shirts (that are not red). She later made a comment about preschool so that struck a chord and everyone was informed that he was going to preschool "to play toys". I'm pretty sure his report card will read
Talking in class: needs improvement.
(Mine said that all through school so he comes by it honestly).
We were home by noon and spent the rest of the afternoon poolside. It's back to work tomorrow. How is your week going?
3 comments:
sounds like he had a blast on HIS day? Love that picture of Caden!
that sounds like a lot of fun...look at Caden sitting up.
Sounds like you had a great day. We did too. We ventured out of the house and made it back with everyone. :) Tomorrow...I will conquer the library!
Post a Comment