
I got this article from the Chicago Tribune. I wonder what people thought if they spotted it on Chicago's tour by boat.
CHICAGO - Authorities say a young alligator captured in the unlikely waters of the Chicago River is now safe in the hands of animal experts.
The 3-foot alligator was spotted Thursday in the North Branch of the river, near Damen and Fullerton avenues. Attempts to capture it then failed, but the Chicago Animal Care and Control Department and a reptile expert from the Chicago Herpetological Society caught it early Friday morning.
The society says the alligator was probably a discarded pet.
It was not the first time an alligator has been captured in or near the Chicago River. A larger one -- weighing about 45 pounds, was caught in June 2008 in Bubbly Creek near the site of the old Union Stockyards. The creek is a tributary of the river's South Branch.
1 comment:
Alison, the LORD put you right in my path Thursday. It was a hard day, but I was blessed to see you!
Post a Comment