
The preschooler has learned all about the Letter A and apples this week.
He has talked about them all week and tomorrow is the BIG day. They get to TASTE the apples and he is excited. One would think he has been apple deprived his whole life.
We provided red apples for Thursday's tasting event.
It's too bad I didn't think to make caramel apples before now.
I wish I had a bite of one right now.
I found this recipe from the
Kraft foodwebsite.
You will need:
5 Washed apples
1 package (14oz) Caramels
2 TBSP water
Insert wooden pop sticks (from bag of caramels) into stem end of each apple. Cover large plate with wax paper; grease paper with butter. Set aside.
Place caramels in large saucepan. Add water; cook on medium-low heat until caramels are completely melted, stirring constantly.
Dip apples into melted caramel until evenly coated, spooning caramel over apples if necessary. Allow excess caramel to drip off. Scrape bottoms of apples, then place on prepared plate. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 15 min. before serving. Store leftover dipped apples in refrigerator.
Rolling caramel apples in 1/2 cup PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts will add 90 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 1 gram of saturated fat per serving to the nutrition information.
Yield: 5 servings
2 comments:
Those look delicious and too beautiful to eat at the same time! Thanks for the suggestion of the apples. I have a party that I need a treat for and these might be just the ticket!
P.S. Just read your profile and you sound like my kind of mom!
Love these! YUMMY!
Post a Comment