Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cheesy Hamburger Casserole


I posted a similar recipe here, but I think I like this one much better.
The cast and crew of this dish:
1/2 of a chopped onion
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
2 c uncooked macaroni
1 can cheddar cheese soup.

Cook macaroni per package instructions. Brown the ground meat and onions in a skillet. Pour off excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer 10 min.

Pour meat and macaroni in a casserole dish and mix well. Pour cheese soup over the top and bake at 400 x 20 min.

**I added a garlic clove and bell pepper to the hamburger meat.
Then I topped the casserole with shredded cheese. I think a can of tomatoes would be good too.

3 comments:

nanny said...

looks delicious!!!

Solar Powered said...

mmmm...cheese, glorious, cheese.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Pasta....cheese...you can't go wrong...think I will try this one...the kiddos are sure to approve!