Monday, February 16, 2009

Macaroni-Cheese-Beef casserole


I'm embarrassed at how easy this is! Really, I am. I found this in one of my Southern Living cookbooks and thought the toddler would eat it right up.
It didn't go quite like I thought it would.
Me: Riley eat your supper
R: But it's too yucky!
Me: why don't you try it before you judge it.
Maybe I fixed something really good!

Anyway, let your kids be the judge and enjoy your evening because it takes all of 15 minutes to fix!
(I didn't say it looked pretty and my kiddo is all about presentation)

The cast and crew:
1 package of macaroni and cheese dinner
1 LB ground beef
2 cans stewed tomatoes, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

prepare macaroni and cheese dinner according to package directions; set aside
brown beef in a skillet and drain
Combine macaroni and cheese dinner, beef, and tomatoes in a lightly greased baking dish
Bake 350 x 15 min. Sprinkle with cheese and bake additional 5 min

(i added 1 tsp of chili powder to give it a little kick)
NEWFLASH: The toddler is eating his supper!

1 comment:

nanny said...

Love that dish, I call it goulash, Rick calls it hamburger helper(ha).
You back at work yet?