Thursday, March 4, 2010

Staycation.


All the cards played out perfectly for this weekend.
1. The Commander has to work.
2. The Preschooler is heading to the Zoo with Grandaddy and Dodo
3. The Commander's parents agreed to take the Wild Thing.
What does that mean for me?
That means I will revel in every moment by soaking in the silence. I will get recharged. Eat what I want. Stay up late and sleep in late. Paint the bathroom. Read your blogs. Shop without rushing to get home. Get a massage.
My staycation starts early tomorrow. I'll miss my people when they're gone, but I'm sure we'll all benefit from a change of scenery. There might even be a couple of meals waiting on them when they get back. How will you spend this weekend?

4 comments:

Solar Powered said...

that sounds perfect. the house to yourself is one of the best feelings...

Anonymous said...

How will I spend this weekend...wishing I was you! KIDDING....we have a bday party saturday with a petting zoo...should be fun! Enjoy your time!!!

nanny said...

Well if the plan works out....I will have the house to myself too! Fishing trip on the horizon! Was thinking of cooking what I want, then I stop and think....WHY COOK?

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.