Friday, November 19, 2010

My Battle with Aging.

OH, there is NO glamour or entertainment to this post.
It's just a story and a new product that I don't even know if I can recommend yet.

I have a birthday right around the corner and I'm looking and feeling the effects of being another year older. blah.
I have been using Clinique's repair wear for a few months now and my wrinkles are becoming deeper and more evident so I went to our new Ulta store for a new product.

The young girl who helped me must have been in her 20's. She had perfect hair and skin. I was wearing frumpy scrubs with my ever present eye wrinkles.
She guided me to the aisle with the Bare Minerals products and recommended the Active triple treatment eye cream.

She told me it worked great for fine lines and puffiness. I wasn't aware of my puffiness issue, but she looked like she knew what she was talking about and it was 30% off so the young, smart girl made a sale!
I tried it tonight and I have to say, I do like the texture of it. I've heard the rule of thumb is 3 months for new facial products to show results so I'm conducting my own little clinical trial. The results will be in just in time for my birthday.
Do you have a good facial product that you can't live without?
What is it? I feel like I've been relying on Clinique ever since I could wear make up and it's time to grow up. SIGH....
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back for seconds on my new eye cream.

1 comment:

Solar Powered said...

I want a full report. I will run not walk for a product that works. Funny you shoul post about aging. Someone broke out a picture of me when I first started at the VA...my what 5 years will do with the majority of the aging happening in the last two years (thanks LC).