Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Ice Cream


Well..the kids are in school. So far we've only seen a mere dusting of snow on our lawn. Maybe the weatherman will get it right this afternoon with his 1-3 inch prediction. I sure hope so.
I have to say it was pretty watching it snow during my morning commute this morning. I happened to be on the phone with my mom when I noticed how big the flakes were that were coming down. I've never seen such big, chunky flakes before. I kept telling her how pretty they were and then I just started laughing!
ONLY IN ARKANSAS can you get behind a chicken truck and confuse the feathers for snow flakes!
For the record, it was snowing too!
I'm posting Paula Deen's recipe for snow ice cream for those of you lucky dogs who are out playing in it today. I've never made it with condensed milk before so I might have to give this a try.

8 cups of snow
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

You know the rest...
Hopefully I can post my own snow ice cream pictures before the end of the week.
Happy Monday.

6 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Love Snow Ice Cream...we like a bit of strawberry syrup on ours. YUM! We are suppose to have LOTS of snow tomorrow...time will tell!

Hmmmm, I just LOVE your jacket in the header! I have said it before and I am saying it again! SASSY!

Alison said...

Thanks! We add syrup too and sugar. I wonder why this recipe doesn't call for sugar.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nanny said...

sweetened condensed milk AND sugar? woooo....comma! lol
isn't that eagle brand?
Can't believe we got more snow than you!

Solar Powered said...

LOL, now that is funny.

nanny said...

Or perhaps.....coma!!! now you know why I am not good at words with friends/ha