Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ole Miss NUTTS and Arkansas

According to the Democrat Gazette, an overflow crowd of 74,168 people came into town this weekend to watch the Ole Miss Rebels barely beat the Razorbacks! It took us over an hour to get to the local Chick Fil A to meet my sister with our tickets. I'm estimating that there were about 52,769 people getting off the same exit at the same time. It was CROWDED, but the good sister delivered the tickets and we made it to the stadium for some tailgating fun.

First, its always fun to people watch on game days. I think it's more the style watching that I enjoy. I don't remember wearing 3 inch heels with cleverly made razorback shirts when I was in college, but then again that was...10 years ago...SIGH!
Cheering on the hogs..



We tailgated in the pit with some of Ross's friends before the game. I'm not kidding when I tell you that the 3 year old ate 3 plates of finger foods plus peanuts, rice krispy treats, and popcorn at the game. The boy likes his tailgating food!

STILL EATING



We normally have 3 seats together, but they were a little harder to come by this time. Grandaddy was able to get Riley a seperate ticket...a seatback one at that! I didn't think it would be very nice to make him sit in it since ours were in a different section so I watched the game with a 3 year old in my lap and a 32 weeker in my ribs. It got a little uncomfortable towards the end, but he did really well. I think it was because he didn't have a lot of wiggle room.


He was told a few times to keep his hands to himself because he kept trying to zip his dad's jacket up to the top. Riley thinks if you are wearing a jacket then it should be zipped all the way to the top. That's the way he likes to roll... a very zipped up jacket!


Riley watched the hogs with great intensity the first half (the hog mascots, not football players), and "the woovers" (imagination movers) on his DVD player the 2nd half. That ended up coming in very handy because we sat in front of a shouting fan and the master mimic-er repeated everything he heard from the eager fan. Luckily, it was only things like.."why didn't you do that at Arkansas, Nutt? or "that looks familiar!" I was worried he was going to pick up some new words, but it was all clean...and LOUD.

2 comments:

Solar Powered said...

good post. my kind of boy...he likes tailgating food. you know your old when you wear tennis shoes to a game because your bunyon will hurt otherwise.

Lindsay said...

We tailgated & went to the game~without Mason. And I wore flats :)