Thursday, March 6, 2008

ELECTRICAL FUSION AND SNOW IN THE FORECAST

We have snow in the forecast for tonight. It will be the second one in March??!! We haven't played in it ONE time this year so I"m hoping for a big one! BRING IT ON! I hope to go into work late tomorrow. Here is Riley patiently watching the very small snow flakes beginning to fall.













So, the hot tub leak was repaired yesterday and we had an interesting conversation:

Mr. repair man: "the electrician must have bumped something because one of the valves in the front was loose that was not loose before, but i was able to fix it"
A: HMM. Ok, thanks. I will definately ask him if he noticed anything.
A: Ross, are you confident with your "electrician skills" because there was a loose valve that wasn't there initially.
R: it was probably "bumped" during the move. ??
(Begin thinking in my head that can't be very good because it has to be moved again. Start to wonder if we should call a licensed professional, but not wanting to spend the money or offend the commander) I'll let you know how the scenario plays out in reality.
NOTE TO FUTURE HOT TUB OWNERS:
Enclosing a hot tub sounds like a GRAND IDEA until something malfunctions and a pipe in the back freezes!!! At least we left that one side accessible.
The commander's electrical skills involve purchasing some wire and performing some magic so we didn't have to call an electrician back out to re-wire for a temporary move. Being a self proclaimed handy woman, I know that it involves some splicing and dicing.
It's fixed so lets hope it doesn't get "bumped" again during the push back.
Here's Riley expressing no fear by playing jump from the seated position off the cover.
Yes, DoDo the temperature is more like bath water and it was a nice spring-like day.
I wanted to get a hot tub visit in tonight, but the commander said it's not allowed until its hooked back up correctly. HMMMMM.




2 comments:

Solar Powered said...

Ha! It looks good even if it is a pain. Is that the first time I'm seeing it or is my memory too impaired to recall a previous sighting?

Solar Powered said...

the name "the commander" cracks me up.