.jpg)
Last year I awoke at 4:00am and ventured out to experience the hype first hand. It was my first time to shop the day after Thanksgiving. Normally, that is the one day to avoid stores for me, but last year I suffered from pregnancy induced insomnia so at 38 weeks I headed straight to Lowe's of all places. HA! They had buy one get one free storage totes and I wanted lots of them. It was controlled chaos and the lines were acceptable so I decided to venture over to the Wal Mart next door. It was about 5:45 right as they were uncovering the secret pallets. The crowd wasn't that bad so I was in and out within 45 minutes. The parking lot was full as I was leaving which should have been a sign to go home, but the blood flow was not circulating to my brain. I headed straight for Target. I don't do large crowds or long lines so this is where the entertainment went south.
It. was. Black Friday. I was home for the day around 9:00am and the family put up Christmas decorations. That's my idea of a successful black Friday. :)
This year I noticed the black Friday ads were not in Sunday's paper. Hmm. Maybe the stores are trying to control the madness this year??? Who else shops on this day? If I wake up then I might go to a few stores, but it won't be an all day shopping extravaganza by any means. We are having Thanksgiving with my family on Friday. I love, love, love Turkey, dressing, and everything else that goes with it. It's my favorite meal of the year. The preschooler says he wants pumpkin pie, but I don't think he will eat a bite. We shall see.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We are heading to the North Pole this weekend. I'll tell you all about it when we get back.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We are heading to the North Pole this weekend. I'll tell you all about it when we get back.
5 comments:
have fun at the north pole. Whit and I are going to hit Old Navy at 4:00am Black Friday. Want to go?
YES I DO! I"m going a few places,but wasnt' planning on going there. Lets do it. call me
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Alison ~ Happy Thanksgiving!
I am headed to Walmart and Kmart first....I hear there are some great toys for CHEAP! If I am still alive (some people died at walmart last year!) I hope to get to Old Navy! My sister in law is going to Toys R Us...they open at midnight!! Good luck and be SAFE!!
Post a Comment