Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let it Snow.

We've been snowed in all day. It was all fun and games until I was summoned to snow duty by the Commander. He said I appeared to be enjoying the couch a little too much and I "needed" to get out and enjoy the snow. So, it became my turn to brave the cold temperatures and pull the sled. We live on flat ground. Very. flat. ground.
The preschooler loves it because he gets pulled up and down the street on the sled.
After a few blocks, we returned to the house because my heart rate was elevated higher than I thought it should be so we made snow angels.

Then I got the bright idea to show the Preschooler how to run and jump on the sled. That's when the injury occurred where I landed on the edge of the sled instead of the middle. Being a party pooper now, we are back inside eating bagel bites. :)
My parents lucked out by leaving for India yesterday. They'll be there for almost three weeks so I was up EARLY this morning wondering if they made it OK. I went and got in the hot tub at 5:30 while it was still snowing. That's how I like to enjoy the snow. It's so peaceful and quiet.
Our temperatures are remaining in the 20's or below this week. BRRRR. Think I'll stay bundled up all week.
(Mom/Dad-if you find the blog all the way from India let us know you made it).
They are staying with a family who has ties to Rotary and will be touring various parts of India, giving Polio vaccines, and visiting the Taj Mahal).

6 comments:

nanny said...

should have got their schedule! I was just sitting here thinking about them! I know they are tired!

Solar Powered said...

I wish I was in India with them or maybe in your hot tub watching it snow!

Kathryn said...

So sorry about the sledding incident!

And yum....bagel bites.

Anonymous said...

Oh man....I hope your tush is okay! I LOVE snow angels....about the ONLY thing I love about the snow!

My PJs are from Sam's Club....do you all have those there? We actually have a tradition that we buy Christmas PJs for each other and open them on Christmas Eve to wearing while we opne Christmas Morning...well....mine weren't actually Christmas PJs but I forgave him since I totally forgot to even get him any!! ;)

bee tracy said...

yeah, mom and dad ....if you find the blog---FIND AN EMAIL and let us know how you are!!!!! India is tooo far. (PS. hope you are having fun)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Sitting in the hot tub WHILE it is snowing sounds AWESOME!! I love that.

When we moved to The Glen a couple of years ago one of the MANY, MANY blessings of our new property was a couple of decent sledding hills!

Hope your folks had a safe journey to India!