
I bought some bug pancake molds and a pancake pen from Williams Sonoma and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with the molds so far.
Has anyone else used them? I mixed enough batter to make 7 pancakes, but the molds are so big that I only got three. They are also not easy to get the pancakes out of without tearing them up.
I didn't use the pen this morning, but I plan on using it tomorrow in hopes that the pancakes won't be so thick. I think you could use one of those restaurant style mustard/ketchup bottles just as easily. Maybe that will help in keeping them thinner and more intact. We will see. Just thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions. Mine didn't look like the advertisment, that's for sure.
They sure did taste good though. I think I'll add some blueberries tomorrow. That sounds like a marvelous way to start my three day weekend with the kids. The Commander has to work so he'll miss out on the blueberry pancakes. :(
3 comments:
they are really cute though....did you spray them with pam? Bet the boys like them.....
Heard a funny story about Dodo!!!!
This is soo cute!
Yes I sprayed them, but I used more today snd the pen so they were much better. A little hard to clean though.
Post a Comment