Monday, January 4, 2010

Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun.

Please shine down on me. Ok, that's a catchy preschool tune, but it sure would be nice right now. BRRRR.

The one in back appears to be hazing me! The one in front just appears bored.

We had an unexpected snow last night so preschool was unexpectedly closed today.
The Preschooler has been on winter break for a little over a week now and it's REALLY time to send him back. I'm teetering on the fence of insanity and my back can't take any more sled rides for a while. :) We really need to find the closest hill or I really need to toughin up. (It's probably the latter.) The sad truth is we didn't go that far today so it's pretty pathetic that I'm hunting down the ibuprofen and heating pad.
In my defense, the dang string to pull the sled by is about at my knee's height. Note to self: add sled to the Commander's to do list.
I did manage to make up for yesterday's laziness by getting closet's cleaned out today. The kids did a pretty impressive job messing the rest of the house up while I was lost in the closets, but that forced me to get the whole house cleaned while they were taking naps. YAY!
We are supposed to get snow again on Wed and Thursday this week. Maybe I'll just hire the elementary school next doors to pull the sled so I can rock in the recliner with a blanket, remote control, and a diet coke.
Best. Mom. Ever.

2 comments:

nanny said...

LOL, you sound kinda like your Dad hunting the ibuprofen....
Cute pictures!!!

Solar Powered said...

funny, funny post. i wish i could play in the snow for a little while and then sit and have a diet coke.