The Preschooler now has two karate lessons under his belt so I interviewed him on the way home today. He has been referring to his instructor as "karate man" so I got right to business with the first question.
Me: What is Karate Man's name?
Preschooler: I don't know, but he has a sister.
What do you do in karate?
Preschooler: We take off our shoes and put them on a chair. One of my shoes fell off so someone helped me put it back on the chair.
Me:Did you learn anything in karate?
Preschooler holds his arms straight out at elbows height with his hands in fists.
He then reports "we only do karate during karate class, not at the library station."
Me: Well, Ok. What else do you do in karate?
Preschooler: We get treats. It wasn't chocolate this week. It was sweet tarts without the S on them and they were in a package.
Me: That sounds like smarties.
Preschooler: They're good.
Me: Tell me about your belt.
Preschooler: It's white like a lamb. The karate man put tape on it, right here (preschooler holds up the belt). He calls it a stripe, but it's tape. Right here.
Me: Wow. Do you like your belt?
Preschooler: Yes. I'm going to be nice to Karate Man so I can get another treat.
Me: It's all about the treat, huh?
Preschooler: Yeah, I like them.
Me: We're home so I'm going to take your picture with your karate belt so show me your best move.
Here it is.
Disclosure: I know NOTHING when it comes to karate, but I'm sure there's a fancy way to tie that karate belt.
5 comments:
That is one FIERCE move...watch out!!! Too funny!
that is the funniest story!!! i can't wait to see him do karate!
Awesome! My favorite age. Those conversations are priceless.
There is nothing funnier than an interview with a preschooler! What a hoot.
How cute...all about the treats!
I love his interviews!
Post a Comment